SH Coffees around the world
The year 2013 was marked by a several drought that hit all coffee producing regions of Brazil. Production was directly influenced by this phenomenon , which attracted the attention of all consumer markets.
We received the visit of Al Jazeera TV , big Arab television broadcaster , which came to check the actual situation of our coffee plantations .
Coffee from South of Minas Gerais
Southern Minas is the largest producing region of coffee in Brazil. With altitudes between 800m and 1.250m, a mild climate (23 ° C) and high fertility soils, this region has been a traditional Arabic coffee production area for more than a century.
The semi-mechanized system adopted in most of the south of Minas Gerais is compatible with hilly topography and with denser planting that has been adopted in the areas of more rugged terrain. The full mechanization is possible in flatter areas. The region is strategically located, equidistant from the three major capital cities and ports of the country.
More than 28.000 properties, in which the majority has less than 50 hectares, predominating medium and small producers. To provide technical and commercial support to these producers, there is a large concentration of cooperatives that provide services ranging from soil analysis to the storage and marketing of coffee.
Most of the coffee from South of Minas Gerais is processed by natural methods. These kinds of coffee are fine beverages, full-bodied with low acidity and a characteristic sweet taste. This way, they are very important in the best blends of the world's largest consumer markets.
Benefits of coffee for your health
A good cup of coffee is a great way to start your day, it provides instant energy and a sense of rejuvenation that cannot be matched by any other drink. Whether consumed as espresso, brewed coffee or even cold drinks, coffee that is welcome at any time of day can bring many benefits to your health.
We separated 12 of the main benefits this drink so appreciated, can bring to your daily lives.
1. Increases energy levels and makes you feel less tired.
2. Helps burn fat because of caffeine and raises the metabolic rate up to 11%.
3. Unlike soft drinks, coffee does not contribute to increase arterial pressure.
4. It raises the adrenaline in the bloodstream, which means, you'll be able to practice physical activities better.
5. Coffee is a great source of antioxidants, which protect your skin, immune system, heart, eyes and other parts of your body.
6. People who drink coffee often are less likely to develop type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
7. The smell of coffee can help reduce stress.
8. It is a low-fat drink.
9. Coffee helps your brain to work more efficiently.
10. People who drink coffee have less chances of developing skin cancer.
11. Drinking coffee during the day decreases in 21% the risk of developing heart diseases.
12. The beverage will make you happier and acts as an antidepressant (weak).